Mining is a high-risk industry and one of the most challenging when it comes to protecting the health and safety of workers. Whether surface or underground, mining involves working in hazardous conditions and encompasses use of heavy machinery and tools that are potentially dangerous. Working in mines and carrying out mining tasks exposes a worker to risks, such as:
- Explosions and fires from ignition of methane or coal dust
- Noise induced hearing loss
- Respiratory disease caused by mining dusts and fumes
- Injuries from falling rocks while drilling or crushing
- Irritation or injury to eyes from dust, dirt or stone/coal particles
- Falls from heights during normal operation or maintenance
- Mobile equipment accidents and more.
- Mine rescue teams with long duration air requirements
MSA‘s expertise in miners’ protection is visible throughout its wide range of specific safety solutions. MSA products meet local and international standards and are designed to ensure the highest safety requirements. Our goal is to make the mining workplace better and safer.
- Portable Gas Detection
- Respiratory Protection
- Closed Circuit Breathing Apparatus
- Self Rescuers
- Head Protection
- Fall Protection